Monday, January 01, 2007

Dog Walking in the New Year

Happy New Year!

My resolution for 2007 is to walk Berry every day, no excuses. We have had a slow time of training the wildest of Min Pins; Berry freaks out if he sees another dog while he is on a lead. He also freaks out if a dog should dare to walk in front of our house. His reactions make it difficult to walk him, I end up planning my walks around all of the neighbors dog walks, and must thoroughly scan of the street for loose dogs. I make too many excuses about why I can't walk him...This will stop.

We have Berry enrolled in a new class called "Feisty Fido"...I feel very positive about the whole thing and can hardly wait to get started. In the class we will get a lot of one on one help. The first class is people only, and the instructor told me it has some "twelve step" elements to it..."Hi! My name is Sarah, I am the owner of 14 pounds of terror"

Walking every day will be good for me too. Weather.com Has a dog walking/calorie calculator, it might add to my motivation!

Basil won't be left out. He is very shy and doesn't like to walk much unless Berry is with us...I can't manage both of them at once, so Basil often stays home. Once I have control of Berry I will be able to walk them together. My goal for now is to walk Basil on his own at least 3 times a week.

No comments: