Monday, November 29, 2010

Hardware for Gardeners, on Cyber Monday!

Today I got to have a cup of coffee with Jana of  www.360yardware.com/ . I've talked with Jana on the phone and by email when preparing  gate hardware specifications for clients gates, but before today I haven't gotten the chance to meet her in person. I probably took up too much of her time, but it was great to spend time talking with someone who is as passionate about good quality hardware as I am...yes, I'm a garden-nerd :)
360 Yardware is an Internet based business specializing in high quality exterior hardware, from gate latches to house numbers and mailboxes. I am impressed by the quality and breadth of their selection; so much more than one can find in the garden center or big box hardware store.

On their website it says: "The smallest little thing can make a huge difference in how your entry looks". I agree! A nice doorbell or door knocker, and house numbers can really transform ones entry. The details at the front door are things that guests to our homes will see up close and personal, while waiting to be greeted.


I have my eyes on these Satin Black Bungalow Style house numbers for my own entry!
While most of us don't have the budget to go top of the line for our entire landscaping/curb appeal projects, gate hardware is another place worthy of a splurge. If you have ever had a gate latch that sticks, or is locked by a padlock that takes two hands to open, you know how nice it would be to have a well made easy to open gate latch. 360 Yardware has latches, locks, and hinges for gates of all sizes; and they have the expertise to help pick out the best product for each situation. Check out their information tips on gate latches.

If you want to shop online (after all today is "Cyber Monday"), but also want to support a local (Portland) business, check out 360 Yardware's specials! They have some significant markdowns on some very nice hardware. It would be nice to put up some new house numbers when hanging a wreath on the front door. And while you may not be thinking much about gates in the winter...come spring an easy opening gate would be a very good thing!

No comments: