Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ordered Tomato Plants

Last year I waited too long to buy tomato plants and couldn't find the variety I wanted, but not this year! I called Portland Nursery today and requested 3 Sausalito tomato plants, they say the will be in later this week! The night time temps are still a little cool for tomatoes, but I will protect the with some plastic for a week or two. I still have fennel growing in the tomato bed and it is not quite ready to harvest...Last year we didn't get the tomatoes in until the beginning of July, I am surprised we actually got a decent crop of ripe fruit! I think I'll pot the tomatoes up into 1 or 2 gallon pots while we wait on the fennel.

Portland Nursery has some very good information on growing vegetables on their website, they also have a great selection of veggie starts and seeds.

No comments: